[Freeswitch-users] Intermittent Audio Problem - Incomming Calls

Brian Campbell bcxml at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:13:19 MSD 2011

Thanks David

The Speech Server application reacts to speech from the caller validated by a grammar. There is a facility in Speech Server to log the calls, including the audio. On calls that work, I can hear the prompts from the application as well as my responses in the session audio. On calls that don't work, I hear the prompts from the application but none of my responses. After a small period of waiting the Speech Recognizer times out and tells me that it did not hear me say anything. I have tried increasing the timeout interval but the problem remains.

So I am not sure where the problem lies, is it something breaking down in Speech Server, or is the audio not making it from FreeSwitch to Speech Server.

One thing for sure is that it doesnt stop working half way through the call. It either recognizes utterances from the caller or it doesn't, which would lead me to think that sometimes the call is not properly setup between Speech Server and FreeSwitch, but as I said I have run out of ideas.

As I mentioned I do see RTP traffic, but I am afraid that I do not posses indepth knowledge about the protocol, so I am not sure how to properly analyse it.

Thanks again for your input

Brian Campbell