[Freeswitch-users] VoIP IP DSLAMs

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Jun 17 17:27:49 MSD 2011

Take a look at Zhone technologies.

The MXK is a really nice DSLAM for medium to high densities.  They have
line cards for ADSL2+, ADSL2+ w/ POTS (exactly what you are after),
G.SHDSL, ADSL2+ with splitters, POTS only, and GPON.  That pretty much
covers everything.

The POTS line cards are essentially FXS gateways.  The combo cards give
you ADSL2+ and a SIP ATA essentially on the same board.  This all
terminates out to Gigabit Ethernet, so you can connect it up to your IP
network and use FreeSwitch to handle the voice side of things.  I think
they even make a T1 card for that frame.

If you want something small, take a look at their Raptor DSLAMs.  These
are 1U models that are environmentally hardened and can be used in
outdoor cabinets.  I'm pretty sure they make a model that has 24 ports
of ADSL2+ and POTS.

Good luck!

-Tim