[Freeswitch-users] Generating ringback if 180 arrives after 183

Matteo mbrancaleoni at voismart.it
Fri Jun 17 15:14:30 MSD 2011

Hi all,

I've the following scenario from my upstream provider :

FS calls provider
Provider sends easrly media with 183 announcing that the call is going to be trasferred
Provider sends 180 without sdp

In my dialplan I'm using ringback variable to let FS generate ringback
to internal network, and if I receive 180 without 183 is working ok.

What I'm trying to achieve is to let ringback work even if we've already received
the 183 with sdp.

I've tryed a lot of dialplan magic without luck.
Maybe we need to add this support into FS itself ?

What I see seems that we need to break the bridge or at least
"inject" the tone stream into the internal leg of the call.

To be fair, the exact sequence is:

FS calls provider
provider sends 183/sdp annoucing the call trasnfer
provider sends update which stops the media (media=inactive)
provider sends 180 ringing (we must generate here)

maybe the correct way is to handle the update, put fs back
into ringing state and proceed from there?
Is feasible or we can get the same result with some dialplan magic?

any hint is appreciated :)

regards,
matteo