[Freeswitch-users] VoIP IP DSLAMs

Rob Hutton justlikeef at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:31:04 MSD 2011

Can you explain further what you are trying to do?  A DSLAM is a device that provides DSL transport, which is independent of what you run across it.  So normally, you have

|Server | ----|network|----|DSLAM| --------[dsl line] -------[modem or modem/router combo]-----[network]---[Client]

What the Server is (Could be Freeswitch) and what the Client is (could be a VOIP phone) are independent of the transport???  Onewire, Cisco, and others make some DSL Modem/Router combos with integrated Voip to FXS ports for the CPE end.

If you find a DSLAM running one of the OSs that Freeswitch supports, you could compile Freeswitch for it, but I haven't seen one with enough CPU tp handle much besides the traffic.