[Freeswitch-users] Setting Up an Sip Trunk without Authentication

Dave dave at clancysystems.com
Thu Jun 16 19:54:36 MSD 2011

Hi,

I am new to FreeSWITCH and need to set up FreeSWITCH to receive calls through a Velocity Networks SIP trunk. They say I should not authenticate with Username and Password. Rather, I connect directly to the their IP address.

I put

<extension name="velocity">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^2064001950$">
        <action application="bridge" data="sofia/external/$ {destination_number}@their_ip_address"/>
        <action application="lua" data="cme_ivr.lua channel_name"/>
     </condition>
</extension>

in the default.xml under Dialplan

When I Dial the DID from a Phone (not one connected to the FreeSWITCH server) I get the "SIP auth challenge (INVITE) on sofia profile 'internal' for [myphone at theirIP] from their IP, but nothing more.

What I hope to do is take the incoming call from 2064001950 and route it to the Lua IVR script above.

I Appreciate any help you may offer.

Dave Goodwin