[Freeswitch-users] in bypass_media mode, 2833 payload type modified by freeswitch!

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 02:47:03 MSD 2011

However, there is not really any rule anywhere that states that bypass
media will not touch the packets.
All of the packets/sdp are still subject to SIP SOA model so if you
pass a remote sdp into the lib, sofia will parse and modify it.
The idea of bypass media is to bypass the media by advertising the
proper codecs/addrs to arrange point to point media and there is no
assurance that the packets will not be modified.

However,

There is a sofia param called "enable-soa" and a variable
sip_enable_soa for per call basis which can be set to false to disable
SIP SOA from sofia and most likely result in untouched exchange of
SDP.

try this in your dialplan

<action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>
<action application="export" data="sip_enable_soa=false"/>

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm