[Freeswitch-users] IVR -> Phrase with a parameter

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Sun Jun 12 01:20:45 MSD 2011

I'm kinda new to IVRs and Phrases, but I see this:

    <action application="phrase" data="msgcount,130"/>
    <macro name="msgcount">
         <input pattern="(.*)">

Meaning I can pass a parameter to the phrase, and then set different
matching input configurations.

Now, I see phrases are being used in the IVR:
I'd like to have an announcement of a balance at the beginning, but
start listening for the digits already.
But, I'd like to have two different types of announcement in the beginning.
I can either duplicate and create two different IVRs and two different
sets of phrases, or I can take advantage of that parameter passing.

But when I try:   greet-long="phrase:cc_ivr_main_menu,${cash}" I get:
2011-06-12 00:05:24.788910 [ERR] switch_ivr_play_say.c:142 Can't find
macro cc_ivr_main_menu,33.09.

Am I missing something?
Do I need to make a lua IVR to start capturing digits while I play
other audio (how??) or create split the IVR into two nearly duplicate
ones?

Thanks,
Avi