[Freeswitch-users] using fs api to originate a call and record it

wes-fs at 499x.com wes-fs at 499x.com
Sat Jun 11 00:05:13 MSD 2011

I'm extremely new to freeswitch, and anything like it, so please forgive me!

I'd like to be able to use the API to originate a call and record it.
So far, I have the following figured out:

originate sofia/sipinterface_1/912625551212 at 141.xxx.xxx.xxx
&record(/tmp/myrecording.wav)
And it dials out to an external number and successfully records the
conversation.

But, it also records the ringing.  When I was trying this through a
dialplan, I found an option:
<action application="set" data="media_bug_answer_req=true"/>
which delayed the recording until the call was answered.

Is there a way to do the same thing through the API?

Thanks!
Wes