[Freeswitch-users] Proxy traffic security

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 18:01:31 MSD 2011

On 9 June 2011 00:13, Antonio <potxoka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a FreeSwitch configured as a gateway, the proxy makes the user
> authentication and other functions. All servers have public ip's, and I
> have doubts to security. I had thought to put the proxy ip's in acl. Is
> it safe this scenario? Can it be improved? Should we also put the sip
> providers? Thanks.

ACLs definitely would not hurt. Also think about setting up a simple
firewall(e.g. Shorewall or just plain IPTables) to limit the access to
the ip's which MUST have access(e.g. SIP-Provider IPs), you can never
be sure if a software(like FreeSWITCH) doesn't have a bug that could
be exploited.

Cheers,
Christian