[Freeswitch-users] skype reverse engineered

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Fri Jun 3 16:28:52 MSD 2011

Steven Ayre wrote:
> On the more optimistic note I have seen a good argument that there are
> enough hardware Skype phones with Skype that they can't easily block older
> versions without breaking a lot of devices.
If Skype decides to block older version of software, then all it needs is to
furnish Skype Phone hardware manufacturers with a new code to come up with a
new firmware to support new Skype version. Then, hackers will start to
reversed engineer on the new version. And, the cat/mouse chase begins.

OTOH, it looks like the source was released to
https://github.com/skypeopensource/skypeopensource/downloads GitHUB  on
6/2/11. let's see how fast it will become a Linux compilable
package/plugin/module. I won't be surprised to see a working
mod_skype_re(versed engineered) soon if Anthony and/or FS developers will
decide to port the source into an FS module.

-----
FreeSWITCH hosted on a Seagate DockStar with OpenWRT and ONLY consumes 3 Watts of electricity.