[Freeswitch-users] Gateway real-time

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:40:01 MSD 2011

That's not possible. Sofia needs you to do a 'sofia profile <name> rescan'
to pick up new gateways, and if a gateway has changed its parameters you
need to do 'sofia profile <name> killgw <gwname>' then rescan.

There's a reason for it too - FS has to register with the gateway then keep
pinging it with OPTIONS requests. That means the gateway needs an object
stored in memory. It wouldn't be ideal for FS to constantly poll a database
looking for changes for something that might never change, so you're left
with rescan.

You could however have a DB trigger that runs a script that connects via ESL
and does that for you though...

-Steve