[Freeswitch-users] rxfax on b-leg

slash at nat-tele.com slash at nat-tele.com
Mon Jul 25 11:58:18 MSD 2011

 On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 21:35:53 +0800, Steve Underwood
 <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> On 07/22/2011 12:56 AM, slash at nat-tele.com wrote:
>>   Hello!
>>

>>   I wonder if there is a way to make rxfax recieve fax on outgoing
>> call?
>>   The idea is that registered FS user dials out, than tone_detect is
>> used
>>   to detect fax tone and start rxfax. The difference is that rxfax
>> should
>>   be run on B-leg, instead of A-leg in incoming fax call scenario.
>>
>>   I've tried to make a test config with outgoing call, rxfax&
>>   tone_detect, but when I dial out and remote user starts sending
>> fax to
>>   me, FS detects a tone correctly, starts rxfax, but on my leg
>> (A-leg, i
>>   hear fax tones) and B-leg (with real fax machine) is hanged up.
>>
>>   Are there are solutions to explain somehow to rxfax that it should
>> be
>>   run on B-leg, not on A-leg?
>>
>>   Thanks in advance!
>>
>>   With best regards,
>>   Kirill.
> If you use rxfax at the outgoing end of a call, mod_spandsp expects
> get that FAX by the polling procedure (i.e. the one you use when you
> dial into a FAX server to collect an information FAX from it). If you
> want to freely act as a simple FAX transmitter or receiver in the
> middle
> of a call, the current module code may not properly allow for that.
> As
> someone else said, there are tricks related to call transfers which
> can
> be used to coax the fax instance into caller or answerer mode.
> Spandsp
> does pretty much everything the FAX spec allows. If there is demand
> we
> could provide access to more of that functionality.
>
> Steve

 The idea with manual call transfer is good, but it's hard to remember
 that every time you should ask remote end to press *1 before starting
 fax. It's much more
 comfortable for everybody to be able use rxfax as a simple FAX
 transmitter or
 receiver in the middle of a call... There is a demand for that
 functionality : )

 With best regards,
 Kirill.