[Freeswitch-users] domain-Element in SIP-Profiles

David Spautz spautz2 at telefaks.biz
Mon Jul 18 22:13:53 MSD 2011

Hi FreeSWITCH users,

currently, i am write my bachelor thesis about FreeSWITCH and the
communication with external application servers. In this regard,
I am faced with the question of what function the <domains>-element of
sofia profiles should have. What is the concept behind it?
And what are the differences to the domain attribute in the <profile
name='...' domain='...'>-element of sofia.conf.xml file?

It would be helpful if someone could describe one or more scenarios to
use this domains-element.

Is it a way to register the SIP Profile to all user specified gateways
in addition?

<domains>
<!-- indicator to parse the directory for domains with parse="true" to
get gateways-->
<!--<domain name="$${domain}" parse="true"/>-->
<!-- indicator to parse the directory for domains with parse="true" to
get gateways and alias every domain to this profile -->
<!--<domain name="all" alias="true" parse="true"/>-->
<domain name="all" alias="true" parse="false"/>
</domains>

Thanks for all help

David
Anhören