[Freeswitch-users] How to creat an outgoing media channal for non-SIP?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 20:06:41 MSD 2011

Ordinarily endpoint modules implement a signalling endpoint. They
register a dialstring prefix and handlers for generic call states. The
either handle media themselves (eg mod_skypopen) or use the freeswitch
rtp stack (mod_sofia). The freeswitch core handles all the
interoperation between any combination of protocols between modules
using this endpoint interface.

mod_erlang_event doesn't support that interface. It sounds to me like
you would want to create a new mod_erlang_endpoint module implementing
that interface written in erlang. Since sessions require certain
callbacks for the call states and for reading/writing media you would
need to implement that interface as its out of the scope of the events
subsystem.

FreeSWITCH would then handle all calls through the dialplan completely
irrespective of which protocol is being used to receive the call
(though channel variables will let you see which and do
module-specific stuff) and let you bridge to any of the protocols
freeswitch supports.

-Steve