[Freeswitch-users] please help!!! how to limit each FS registered user's active calls

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jul 14 23:54:32 MSD 2011

You may be on an older freeswitch version. Type the command "version" at
fs_cli and see what it says.

Also, if you want *only* to limit calls made to user 11 then you need to
have a separate extension that handles just the limit for 11. Instead of
trying to do the limit in the same extension where you do the bridge, just
create a separate extension and put it near the top of your dialplan:

<extension name="limit user 11" continue="true">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(11)$">
        <action application="limit" data="db ${domain} $1 1
handle_over_limit XML over_limit_actions"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

Take the limit app out of the "PBX extension" and have just the bridge app
and anything else you normally do there.

Also, you can put the "handle_over_limit" extension in your same context as
the rest of your stuff, but personally I like to have special stuff like
that in its own context so that the dialplan doesn't have to evaluate so
many extensions.

-MC