[Freeswitch-users] play wav files, or speak prompts, into recording?

Wes wes-fs at 499x.com
Mon Jul 11 20:33:31 MSD 2011

Not sure how to phrase this correctly, which is why I'm having trouble
searching for help on the internet.

I'd like to "speak" some audio into the recording that I am making of
the user's voice.

For example, say I have the caller press some digits and then detect the
digits that have been pressed, then, I can easily speak those digits
back to them for confirmation, but what I'd really like to do is begin
recording the call, and then speak those digits, or any other
introductory message into the recording before they start speaking their
message.

Say they type in the digits 123, then I'd read into the recording:  "The
following is the dictation for user number 123, taken on July 3, 2011",
and then the person would start speaking and the recording would continue.

Perhaps this would have to be done by some sort of post processing,
where I append the introductory message onto the user's recording using
sox, but I'd still like to use the voice system in freeswitch because it
is good at reading numbers, speaking time, etc.

Thanks.