[Freeswitch-users] No ringback with originate

Mathieu Lautram lautram.mathieu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:08:26 MSD 2011

In fact, I want to know when the phone of B leg is effectively ringing. If I
don't ignore early media, FreeSWITCH will consider the bridge successful
even if the phone of B leg is not ringing. So I have to ignore early media
to know that. But, if I set ignore_early_media to true, A leg will not hear
any ringtone.

2011/7/8 Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org>

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Mathieu Lautram <lautram.mathieu at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> bridge_early_media is not really appropriate for my issue and I have
>> already tried this parameter.
>> In fact, I would like to let A leg hear a ringtone(and sometimes vocal
>> informations) when the phone of the B leg is *effectively* ringing.
>> Do you think it is possible? Maybe ignoring early media is not the
>> solution to my problem?
>>

> Honestly, I've not yet heard a valid reason for ignoring early media at all
> in your scenario. Under what conditions do you *not* want early media from
> the B leg sent to the A leg?
>
> -MC

Mathieu LAUTRAM
Application developer