[Freeswitch-users] No ringback with originate

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jul 7 20:22:54 MSD 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Mathieu Lautram
<lautram.mathieu at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've already tried those parameters and it doesn't work.
> I can use ignore_early_medi=true and ringback=${us-ring} but what if my B
> leg is in France? Or in England?

You can set the ringback to whatever you'd like. The trick will be doing
some sort of lookup on the dialed number to decide what the country is and
then use the appropriate ringback tone. If you look in vars.xml we have
quite a few countries in there. If any are missing you can always look them
up and add them to vars.xml. There are plenty of people who can assist with
the TGML if you can track down the frequencies and cadences for each country
you need. From there a simple Lua script or even mod_lcr could be employed
to handle the creation of the dialstring.

I suppose I should have asked this question earlier: why, exactly do you
need to ignore early media? The reason I ask is that there might be an
alternative way to address the problem you are trying to solve by ignoring
early media.

Thanks,
MC