[Freeswitch-users] Compilation with -march options

curriegrad2004 curriegrad2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:45:30 MSK 2011

Is compiling FreeSwitch with the -march option in gcc a good idea?
Because I just compiled the latest git using the -march option
targeted for a Pentium 3 Processor and it did seem to increase the
performance slightly in switching calls and transcoding calls.

So far I haven't seen any adverse effects of doing this, but I was
wondering if anybody else out there is also compiling FS with a march
option and saw some performance increase or adverse effects...