[Freeswitch-users] Virtualisation and freeswitch

Chris Burns chris at cloudtel.com
Sat Jan 29 23:06:21 MSK 2011

Many Xen kernels are compiled with a lower resolution kernel timer. Most
applications will not notice this, but a VoIP application doing async RTP
probably will. It can make audio quality poor, especially if something other
than FreeSWITCH is trying to get CPU time while you are handling media. That
is the main reason that I found. I have had OK results with Xen with the
proper configuration.