[Freeswitch-users] Remote LogIn to Freeswitch?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 03:09:04 MSK 2011

Sounds like an NAT problem. You have two connections set up for a call - one
for the signalling and one for the media. It's common that behind NAT you
can have SIP working but RTP broken.

Off the top of my head there's a few possible reasons:
- The router is too dumb to spot the SIP and automatically open the RTP
ports: forwarding those manually may help resolve that.
- The router has a SIP ALG that tries to correct the IPs sent through SIP
and actually breaks things even worse: try disabling that feature.
- Freeswitch doesn't know the external IP address and will send the internal
IP in the SDP, so the other host doesn't know where to send RTP to: try
using STUN, or setting ext-sip-ip and ext-rtp-ip on the sip profile.

DMZ might help work around any of the above without actually solving your
real problem.

-Steve