[Freeswitch-users] mod_dingaling answering prematurely

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:22:17 MSK 2011

That is because there is no concept of answer or starting media etc.
we must answer right away or they will give up very quickly when we
don't respond.
Jingle is not a telephone protocol so there is no 180 ringing
equivalent otherwise we could do it.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Jon Young <jonyoung111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got mod_dingaling working for outbound and inbound calls.
> However, on inbound calls I have to answer it quickly on my SIP phone.
>  When I do I catch the call screening announcement from google to
> press a "1" to answer.  I put the "execute_on_answer=send_dtmf 1" as
> recommended in the Wiki which eliminates the need to press one.  It
> seems that FS is answering the call and google starts playing the
> screening.  If I wait too long to answer I miss the announcement.
>
> I am routing the call to a specific extension for testing.  The
> dialplan is using the extension definitions provided in the default
> configuration.  Where should I start looking to allow the phones to
> ring longer and not prematurely answer the inbound call?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/