[Freeswitch-users] FS HA

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:12:48 MSK 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tihomir,
>
> Are you saying all of those are implemented in mod_xml_cdr?
>
> If so, that's probably not the best place to implement them. They'd be
> better off in their own separate modules.

well, i have tested it with the original module ... don't wary about that
:=) ... I always use default modules if i have issues to see the behaviour.

> - added radius accounting interface
>>

> There's already a module for this I believe?
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_radius_cdr

sorry to say that and pls don't get me wrong, but its not good ... and
doesn't support adding  custom VSAs  (something as in mod_rad_auth).

> - added odbc cdr interface
>>

> This would be better in its own module.
>
> - not the best place but

I don't agree with you here, mod_xml_cdr has already two interfaces (curl
and fs) .. why not add radius and odbc as well ?

Of course i can move all of that in separate modules ... but why.. i look at
that as additional interfaces where i can send the CDR.

LCR stuff is on the roadmap already... and i agree its has no place here.

>   added a function to build up my dial-string... basically the same
>> functionality of LCR module but much more simpler :=)
>>

> Indeed it's not, I don't see how CDRs and LCR is related.
> This would be better as something like mod_custom_lcr. mod_lcr may well do
> what you need though with custom SQL.
>
> Warm Regards,
> -Steve
>

> On 26 January 2011 14:03, Tihomir Culjaga <tculjaga at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> patch for mod_xml_cdr
>>
>> - added radius accounting interface
>> - added odbc cdr interface
>>
>> - not the best place but
>>   added a function to build up my dial-string... basically the same
>> functionality of LCR module but much more simpler :=)
>>

> On 26 January 2011 13:28, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't be hard to update them. Most interfaces haven't changed, and
>> those that have won't have changed much. Any changes will show up as
>> compile-time errors. If you wrote them in the first place then you'll be
>> easily capable of updating them for the latest version.
>>
>> If you have any patches that you think would be beneficial for the entire
>> community you can share them on http://jira.freeswitch.org, then they'll
>> get considered for adding to the trunk - what's the patch for?
>>
>> Patches to trunk modules will always be easier for you to maintain if you
>> can get them into trunk.
>>
>> -Steve
>>

>> On 26 January 2011 10:53, Tihomir Culjaga <tculjaga at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> hello Anthony,
>>>
>>> ya, i was afraid of that... this means moving all my modules & patches to
>>> the latest git...
>>>
>>> radius cdr interface
>>> odbc cdr interface
>>>

>>> within mod_xml_cdr <= i can share this as a patch... if you are
>>> interested.
>>>

>>> mod_say_hr - really bad programming .. needs big re-factoring but lack of
>>> time :(
>>> patches for mod_say_de & mod_say_fr - because wrong playing in some
>>> scenarios
>>>
>>> and some small stuff i made within mod_commands... anyhow this was on the
>>> road.
>>>

>>> anyhow i was really into understanding the way the call context
>>> replication works... this may be the DB connection issue as the ODBC
>>> connection is reset on switchover (im switching entire resource .. floating
>>> IP, & database)
>>>

>>> so what really happens is the FS on 2nd node just getting sessions from
>>> sip_recovery
>>>
>>> from sofia_glue_recover: i see you are selecting sip_recovery table.
>>>

>>> select * from sip_recovery;
>>>    runtime_uuid profile_name hostname uuid metadata
>>> 24f77a1f-f315-4beb-904f-f779e8767c75 internal cxss01
>>> 102b2c7f-466f-4b6d-a795-e2cc25630e78
>>> 24f77a1f-f315-4beb-904f-f779e8767c75 external cxss01