[Freeswitch-users] Is it possible to use att_xfer on channels already bridged via loopback?

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 19:01:45 MSK 2011

Is att_xfer or mod_loopback is broken in FS-current?
I use FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.head (git-7eceff4 2011-01-16 22-33-50 +0000)
Seems there were no updates of att_xfer or mod_loopback since that.

I use loopback channel as destination when doing att_xfer to re-enter dialplan.
With loopback_bowout=false and loopback_bowout_on_execute=false this
works. But when any of connected parties tries to do att_xfer again,
all channels get hangup on transferer hangup.

Scenario:

A calls B, B answers
A launches att_xfer via *7, B listens to MOH
A dials C and we do att_xfer to loopback/C
C answers, A hangs up to complete transfer
C and B are now bridged via loopback, `show channels` shows 4 channels
include 2 loopback legs.

Now, C also tries to do in-call transfer with *7.
C launches att_xfer via *7, B listens to MOH
C dials D and do att_xfer to loopback/D
D answers, C hangs up to complete transfer
B and D are hung up instead of be bridged together.

There are also issues with MOH wile running att_xfer, but they are not
so important as att_xfer behavior itself.

--
Best regards,

Dmitry Sytchev,
IT Engineer