[Freeswitch-users] RFC 2833 DTMF detection - has something changed?

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Wed Jan 19 20:02:47 MSK 2011

Hi,

I have some problems with DTMF detection, which I've never seen earlier versions. I know that there was a bug in the rtp code a few days (or week(s)?) back, but I'm running on latest git (as of today). I'm also running on the same machine as before, and more or less no config changes (except for a few dialplan changes, but nothing that changes DTMF detection).

Anyway, it seems to me that the 2833-detection is not as accurate as it was before. When using a couple of months old FS version I rarely missed any DTMF's (I can't remember I ever did..:)), but now it seems to happen once in a while. Also, I decided today to get wireshark up and running, and after 5 DTMF's, FS missed the last one. I looked inside my wireshark dump, and I could clearly see all DTMF packets in there, but FS somehow missed this.

Is there some kind of debugging I could enable, for instance DEBUG_2833 directive?

What's the best way to move this forward? I can send my wireshark dump if that helps, but I guess you will need some more debugging info from FS as well?

Thanks,

Peter Olsson