[Freeswitch-users] Removing inband DTMF

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 19:50:38 MSK 2011

First of, AFAIK there's nothing in FS that can currently do it.

I'm not even sure it's possible at all. You can subtract a noise from audio,
but the noisy nature of an encoded signal would mean it wouldn't work well
(you'd still hear something), and DTMF can't be detected until some of it
will have already been sent to the other endpoint so you'd still have the
start of each keypress heard.  For the same reason at the end until the
detector spots the dtmf has ended you'll still be subtracting from the audio
which will actually generate noise. The only way to avoid that may be to
introduce a delay but that's not something FS can do.

-Steve