[Freeswitch-users] Processing Live Audio during a call between 2 extensions

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 12:26:53 MSK 2011

It was hinted on IRC that media bugs may be the way to go. It all depends on
what exactly you're trying to do.

Read FreeSWITCH -> Modules -> Core Library -> Media Bugs on
http://docs.freeswitch.org/ and see if they sound the way to go.

In particular this may be what you need:

 SWITCH_DECLARE<http://docs.freeswitch.org/group__mb1.html#gf0ebe1244a6a3937e9fa039eb91b3325>(
switch_frame_t <http://docs.freeswitch.org/structswitch__frame.html> *)
switch_core_media_bug_get_write_replace_frame(_In_
switch_media_bug_t<http://docs.freeswitch.org/structswitch__media__bug.html>*
bug<http://docs.freeswitch.org/group__mb1.html#g2a620e89890bd1e0e9ccd08954d361b1>
)  Obtain a replace frame from a media bug.
You'll write a module in C that when loaded registeres a callback with FS.
Any channel using the media bug will get the audio decoded, given to the
media bug. Your app will process the audio and replace it, then FS will
encode and send the replacement. Decoded audio will be a data buffer
containing L16 (WAV) samples.

-Steve