[Freeswitch-users] RTCP Keep Alive issue - hangup after 60 seconds of silence

Andy Ayers andy at fabulous4.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 13:16:08 MSK 2011

Hi,

Have encountered a problem recently where the company responsible for
forwarding sip calls to my switch has started hanging up calls when there is
more than 60 seconds of silence on one side of the call. As my service is
primarily used for recording incoming messages, this means that any message
being recorded longer than 60 seconds gets cut off. My provider says I need
to configure freeswitch to send rtcp keep-alive packets to prevent them from
hanging up the call.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this, I've checked the docs and can't seem
to find the right setting?

Many thanks

Andy