[Freeswitch-users] ZORG, new C++ and Java ZRTP implementation public release

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Wed Jan 12 12:40:20 MSK 2011

Milan, January 12th 2011  - PrivateWave Italia S.p.A, italian company
engaged in developing technologies for privacy protection and
information security in voice telecommunications, is pleased to announce
the release of ZORG, a new open source ZRTP protocol implementation
available for download from http://www.zrtp.org  .

ZRTP [1] provides end-to-end key exchange with Elliptic Curve
Diffie-Hellmann 384bit and AES-256 SRTP encryption .

ZORG has been originally developed and implemented in PrivateWave's
PrivateGSM voice encryption products available for the following
platforms: Blackberry, Nokia and iOS (iPhone) .

Zorg C++ has been integrated with PJSIP open source VoIP SDK [2] and
it's provided as integration patch against PJSIP 1.8.5. It has been
tested on iPhone, Symbian, Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

Zorg Java has been integrated within a custom version of MJSIP [3] open
source SDK on Blackberry platform and it includes memory usage
optimizations required to reduce at minimum garbage collector activity.

Both platforms have separated and modular cryptographic back-ends so
that the cryptographic algorithms implementation could be easily swapped
with other ones.

ZORG is licensed under GNU AGPL and source code is available on github
athttps://github.com/privatewave/ZORG.

We are releasing it under open source and in coherence with our approach
to security [4] as we really hope that it can be useful for the open
source ecosystem to create new voice encryption systems in support of
freedom of speech.

More than 20 pjsip-based open source VoIP encryption software (several
written in Java) could directly benefit from ZORG release.

We would be happy to receive proposal of cooperation, new integration,
new cryptographic back-ends, bug scouting and whatever useful to improve
and let ZRTP affirm as voice encryption standard.

Zorg is available from http://www.zrtp.org .

[1] ZRTP: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZRTP
[2] PJSIP: http://www.pjsip.org
[3] MJSIP: http://www.mjsip.org