[Freeswitch-users] Memory using

Javier Galaz Jeria jgalaz at yx.cl
Wed Jan 5 23:30:27 MSK 2011

Hello all

I'm a new user of freeswitch and I've a few questions,

1. I've searched the mail list and some forums about the switch "waste" and I
   haven't found out what it does and how it does it. Anyone care to explain a
   little bit about it? The only thing that I've found is that it consumes more
   memory but in my tests [1] it doesn't change that much.

2. Do any of you guys have a rough estimate of what each call memory footprint
   should be?

3. About the ulimit -s 240, I've read that it limits the stack size, but I'm at
   a lost point as how to pick a suitable value. What is the criteria?

4. Are the tests that I've done [1] reasonable?

I'm trying to know this things because I'm planning to use FreeSWITCH on a
resource limited hardware.

Best Regards

Javier

[1] test done with SIPp, using 0 to 20 users calling simultaneously, connecting
    the call, and hanging up after 5 secs.
    statistics using linear interpolation.
    using debian's init script (ulimit -s 240):
    slope	898.7 kB
    y-intercept	15410 kB
    using /usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch -waste -nc
    slope	810.6 kB
    y-intercept	16273 kB