[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH & Heartbeat / Pacemaker - Please Help setting up

Avi Marcus Avi at aMarcus.com
Sat Jan 1 23:20:32 MSK 2011

Hi - I'm setting up 2 parallel computers for a HA setup. (low volume so far,
no need to load balance.)
I already have heartbeat able to grab the public IP if the first box goes
down, but since I'm basically completely unfamiar with pacemaker, I'd like
some help.
I'd imagine I'm not the only one doing this, there should be no reason for
me to recreate the wheel.

Info should be on: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_HA

Specifically:
1) It seems freeswitch takes 8 seconds to restart. So if it crashes
(unlikely) calls should immediately get shunted over to the other box. How
do I set that up?
2) How do I automatically trigger a sofia recover? I know via commanline
it's "fs_cli -x "sofia recover" but where do I tell pacemaker to do that?
And I suppose a reload_xml before (maybe after?) is a good idea, too.

Also, can I put <param name="track-calls" value="true"/> in a global file,
or does it need to be in the actual profile files?
And anything else I may be overlooking.

Thanks guys!
-Avi Marcus