[Freeswitch-users] conference dialing and montly billing

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Mon Feb 28 04:49:57 MSK 2011

HI Deniro,

This is a pretty simple scenario.  I can't build it for you (too busy
doing my own!), but here's what you need:

A basic, working FreeSWITCH installation that takes care of routing the
calls, asking for the PIN, setting up the conferences.  You can do the
PIN IVR in lua pretty easily.  All it has to do is set a variable that
contains your user account number, as well as any other details that are
billing specific (DID number call came in on, toll-free vs. local, etc.)

Use xml_curl_cdr to post the call records to a web server.

Using a PHP script, or another language that you are comfortable with,
parse the XML record that is posted for things like:
-User ID (set as a variable)
-Call Start
-Call duration
-Conference room

Insert these values into your favorite database, along with a cost
column that gets calculated by the script, based on the duration and
other relevant parameters.

Have another php script that runs monthly, rendering the database call
records as a nice looking PDF invoice.  You may want to have another
database table that keeps track of monthly invoices and payments to
track balance due, etc.

Most of the work is done externally by web server scripts that manage
the billing data.  Freeswitch just has to ask the caller the right
questions, and put them in the right room.

You may also want to use xml_curl to dynamically generate dialplan as
well as the conference config XML so that you can have custom
per-conference settings, as well as easily manage your users by updating
their information in your database.

Good luck!

-Tim