[Freeswitch-users] Cordless phones

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Mon Feb 28 04:42:55 MSK 2011

Aastra MBU 400 - Pretty good build quality, LiPo batteries, can handle
up to 8 handsets and 8 SIP accounts.  You assign the registrations to
handsets in a sort of matrix, so they can all share one, or each have
their own.  Maximum 3 channels at a time though.

Snom M3 - Haven't tried it, but it has a lot of common components with
the Aastra and a similar feature set.  I think this also has a 3 channel
limit.

Gigaset S675 - About half the price of the other two, but with a
significant reduction in what you get.  Only one SIP account across all
phones, and I'm not sure that it can do 5 handsets.  I think it can do
at least 3.

Aastra DECT 142 handsets and RFP 32 base stations - This is a campus
DECT mobility system.  It's a lot more expensive, but a lot more
scaleable.  Each RFP32 base station can have up to 8 simultaneous
channels.  You can have up to 512 handsets per system, with up to 256
base stations set up in a cellular-like system.  I have personally
tested this system with Freeswitch and it works great.  Very easy to set
up.  The handsets are also very durable.

-Tim