[Freeswitch-users] implementing stereo (e.g. portaudio to test it easily)

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:30:46 MSK 2011

Doing stereo codecs and playing stereo files are not the same.

The main reason we do not have stereo completely implemented is there
was not really any codec or devices that could handle it to bother
testing with.

We do record stereo files but as for playing them, there was not any
real motivation since there was very little you can do with it talking
to a mono sip phone.

Its probably possible to make playing files to portaudio work but you
would have to unblock the code that mixes it to mono and add support
also to portaudio to understand the difference in the streams.

If you want to do it yourself, like I believe I told you the first
time, use FreeSWITCH and VoIP the way it already works for a long time
until you completely understand the arena you are in before you try to
add a new side entrance.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/