[Freeswitch-users] OpenSER interface to FreeSWITCH

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:17:05 MSK 2011

Jason, you seem to be misunderstanding what freeswitch is.

It does not purely handle media. mediaproxy is the closest thing that would
do that, and I believe it does that by watching the sip traffic flowing
through the machine and grabbing the IP/ports to set up the flow, but with
no options to do any processing.

FreeSWITCH is a B2BUA. You make a call into FS via SIP (or other supported
protocol). The application then runs within FS (or via ESL). FS handles all
signalling and media.

Your application should never handle SIP. The only reason to use a SIP proxy
such as OpenSER in front of FS would be load balancing.

-Steve