[Freeswitch-users] FS gateway which registers into FS

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Feb 23 03:21:53 MSK 2011

Could you re-draw your layout? I think my email reader munged the diagram so
it makes it hard to know exactly how everything is laid out.

As far as gateways are concerned, those are primarily for handling either
registrations to other servers or to answer auth challenges that come from
other servers. So if FreeSWITCH will register to Server A (or Server B) then
you need a gateway. You would also need a gateway if Server A (or B) will
send an auth challenge whenever FreeSWITCH sends a call to it. (Hope that
made sense.)

-MC