[Freeswitch-users] ESL socket outbound: the execution of answer has not effect

Stephen Wilde wstephen80 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 02:39:06 MSK 2011

I'm running an esl socket outbound application and I have a systematic
problem: in a particular situation, the execution of answer on incoming call
has no effect.

This happens always when (and only in this case):

1. an incoming call is received (legA) and via dialplan I send the call to
my socket outbound application
2. I make an outbound call with originate (legB)
3. I receive a CHANNEL_PROGRESS_MEDIA on legB
4. I do a "pre_answer" on legA
5, I do a "uuid_bridge" between legA and legB

in this phase, legA can hear the progress tone coming from legB (an in-band
ringback)

5. legB answer the call and I receive a CHANNEL_ANSWER on legB
6. I do an execute of "answer" on legA

This "answer" has no effect!

I do both pre_answer and answer specifying the UUID parameter (sendmsg
<uuid>), obviously using legA uuid .

I do the bridge specifying inbound uuid as first parameter and outbound uuid
as second parameter: uuid_bridge <inbound_uuid> <outbound_uuid>

In fs_cli I see:  [WARNING] switch_ivr_bridge.c:1412 reversing order of
channels so this will work!

To me it seems that in uuid_bridge is done an inversion with my
inbound/outbound channels and because I do an answer to the incoming uuid,
probably (due to the inversion) is treated as outbound so the answer is
ignored.

Attached to this email the .pcap file related to tcp traffic between
Freeswitch and my socket outbound application where at time 8.562639 there
is my sendmsg with the answer.

Stephen