[Freeswitch-users] Can we Intercept a sleeping channel?

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:46:08 MSK 2011

To hold a call to be picked up using intercept, I've tried this with the
intention of having the call sent to voicemail if no one does the pickup:

<action application="sleep" data="20000"/>
<action application="answer"/>
<action application="voicemail" data="default user at domain.com"/>

However, when I use application intercept, sleep is not aborted and we have
no audio until it finishes.
I was expecting intercept would abort the sleep application the same way as
it does for example for application playback.

I believe this can be solved by using application park and sched_transfer.
But I thought I could ask if there would be a way of doing it without
splitting the dialplan entities and keep it simple.

br,
takeshi