[Freeswitch-users] ODBC Multiple Active Result Set (MARS) Problem

Enver Yılmaz enver.yilmaz at esoft.com.tr
Mon Feb 14 00:01:03 MSK 2011

Hi,

I'm using git head on windows 2008 r2 with sql 2008 r2. When I enable ODBC with SQLNCLI10 driver I experienced following problem ;

2011-02-11 20:45:52.556958 [CRIT] switch_odbc.c:280 The sql server is not responding for DSN FreeSWITCH [STATE: HY000 CODE 0 ERROR: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Connection is busy with results for another command
][244]

Freeswitch running and after minutes stop with above error then quit. I try to narrow ODBC config and I found when I enable ODBC on multiple profiles of sofia then this happens. On single profile and core and bunch of other modules is working without error.

As I understand, FS trying to query a resultset without closing previous one on same connection. MS has an option MARS (Multiple Active Result Set) on ODBC. If I enable MARS on ODBC then everything working but I'm not sure is this safe or not. MS Says MARS should not be enabled unless application specifically designed to work that way. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345109(v=sql.90).aspx

So what is your opinion? Should I go with mars option? Is this deserve to go to jira?

Thanks,
Enver Yılmaz