[Freeswitch-users] Possible to communicate with FS using event_socket without ESL?

Bert Jones rmbertjones at comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 06:27:42 MSK 2011

Hello,

Am I correct in assuming that an app can talk directly to FS using
event_socket without the use of the ESL?  I am attempting to do this, but
having trouble authenticating. I wanted to make sure I was not overlooking
something basis in my approach.

I have successfully loaded FS on a windows XP server and can register phones
and make calls.  Further I can talk to the server, authenticate and make
calls using telnet, but when attempting to do the same via an app written in
.net and using a socket, I am unable to authenticate.

Running my app using a tcpSocket, I receive the "Content-Type: auth/request"
upon connection of the socket, but when sending "auth password\n\n" it
appears that the connection times out after about 10 seconds and I receive:
mod_event_socket is enabled in modules.conf.xml .

Is there something obvious that I am missing conceptually, or should this
work?

Thanks!