[Freeswitch-users] Using an Empty FROM field for SIP Messages

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 19:58:19 MSK 2011

Yes, they do not consider "" an empty caller id string. Here is a reply to
the email

Matt,

Please change the  following  FROM : ""
<sip:jsmith at 208.76.54.59>;tag=pjUp5yDSHtDXQ
  to :   FROM : <  @208.76.54.59> ; tag…..  or    FROM:  @208.76.54.59;
tag…..

Dumitru

of course there is no IETF justification, it's much easier for them to
hangup on me. :( I know it's a problem with airespring and not freeswitch, I
just thought maybe there would be a hack. thanks anyway.

--matt