[Freeswitch-users] Aastra phone registration lost

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:10:44 MSK 2011

Tim,

Thanks a lot for your answer. No NAT involved here. However, the phone
is configured with an outbound proxy and the registrar/proxy
parameters are only used as realms (that is, they don't match with any
DNS A nor SRV record).

Here is my aastra.cfg file :
[root at xcom ~]# cat /tftpboot/aastra.cfg
upgrade file name: 6731i-2.6.0.st
upgrade uri: tftp://128.93.136.254:69
firmware md5: d74b608df20a8e785a7361701d15551e
boot count: 1
time server disabled: 0
time server1: 192.93.2.20
time server1: 128.93.1.9
time zone name: FR-Paris
time zone code: CET
date format: 5
dst config: 3
time format: 1
dhcp: 0
ip: 128.93.136.253
default gateway: 128.93.136.100
dns1: 128.93.1.9
dns2: 128.93.1.23
contact rcs: 0
sip transport protocol: 2
sip outbound support: 1
sip registration retry timer: 10
sip registration renewal timer: 15
sip registration timeout retry timer: 10
sip registration period: 60
sip rport: 1
sip auth name: 492
sip password: XXXXX
sip user name: 492
sip screen name: Philippe
sip screen name 2: 0178097204
sip proxy ip: vm.test.inria.fr
sip proxy port: 5060
sip registrar ip: vm.test.inria.fr
sip registrar port: 5060
sip outbound proxy: 128.93.136.252
sip outbound proxy port: 5060
sip backup proxy ip:
sip backup registrar ip: vm.test.inria.fr
sip backup registrar port: 5060
sip silence suppression: 0
sip transaction timer: 4000
sip rtp port: 10000
sip customized codec: payload=8;ptime=20;silsupp=off
sip line1 registration period: 60
sip line2 registration period: 60
log module sip: 10
lldp: 0
sip gruu: 0
sip instance id: 0

[root at xcom ~]#

Thanks again help,

Philippe

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Tim St. Pierre
<fs-list at communicatefreely.net> wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> I have been testing just about every model of phone that Aastra makes
> (or has made), on our Freeswitch system, and they all work fine, even
> behind NAT.  It's probably just a setting that isn't right, as you can
> adjust a lot of this stuff in the phone config file.
>
> Can you post your aastra.cfg?  I'll take a look and see if there is
> anything obvious.
>
> What is your topology?  Are the phone behind NAT, or is this a LAN
> environment?
>
> -Tim
>
> Philippe Sultan wrote:
>> Hello to the FreeSWITCH users,
>>
>> I'm experiencing problems registering an Aastra 6731i phone to
>> FreeSWITCH. The registration process itself works fine, but the phone
>> never re-registers to FS after the expiration time specified in the
>> expires paramater set in the Contact SIP Header Field. And therefore
>> becomes unreachable from FS after some time.
>>
>> The phone seems to be buggy because it simply ignores the value given
>> in the expires parameter. Testing with Asterisk, the phone remains
>> accessible, because Asterisk adds an Expires HF in addition to the
>> expires param in the Contact HF.
>>
>> Did anyone observed what's described here? I've tested several Aastra
>> firmwares with the same result. I have also tried to set the
>> registration expiration time on the phone itself without success.
>>
>> I believe I can cope with this situation by adding an Expires HF from
>> the (SIP Express Router) proxy that stays between the phone and FS,
>> but I'm sure there's a simpler way to get a proper registation
>> process.
>>
>> I'm using FreeSWITCH 1.0.6 (that comes along with the Blue.box GUI).
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Philippe

Philippe Sultan