[Freeswitch-users] skypopen: problem loading the custom alsa driver

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:03:37 MSK 2011

maybe I have not understood your last mail.

My hint would be:

1) install a plain ubuntu (with the recovery procedure)
2) follow strictly, from the beginning to end, step by step the wiki page

particularly, after installing a  plain ubuntu, delete (if is still
there) the directory with the alsa sources, re-download or
re-decompress the package, and do the custom alsa driver procedure
from beginning.

If still does not works, maybe the system that got installed with the
recovery procedure is not a plain ubuntu system.

But I hope it will works.

-giovanni

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Thomas Hoellriegel <admin at blindi.net> wrote:
> Am 09.02.11 um 15:26 schrieb Giovanni Maruzzelli:
>
>> please install a normal standard version of Ubuntu server (eg: from
>> downloaded cd).
>
> I can.t install from a cd. The server is in a datacenter. I don.t have
> physical acess.
> A Recoversystem is available to install a ubuntu plain-system.
> then the original ubuntu is installed, the alsadriver works,
> root at freeswitch:~# lsmod |grep snd_dummy
> snd_dummy               9290  0
> snd_pcm                70918  2 snd_dummy,snd_pcm_oss
> snd                    54180  9
> snd_dummy,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_
> seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
>
> when i delete the driver and install the compiledversion i become these
> errors.
> must i compile the alsasource on a newer kernel?

Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
Cell : +39-347-2665618