[Freeswitch-users] using skype on a text only ubuntusystem?

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:25:22 MSK 2011

Skypeclient needs X. You can't use skypeclient without X.
Mod_skypopen needs skypeclient.
Xvfb is a fake X for console only systems.
Xvnc is another fake X for console only systems.
Mod_skypopen runs and has been installed only on "console only" systems.
Eg: rack sysyems in datacenters far away from you, where you connect via ssh.
Is all very extensively documented on the wiki page.
If something is not clear in that wiki page, please let me know
exactly which issue in which part of the wiki page so I can amend it.