[Freeswitch-users] FS ESL in Adobe Flex

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:35:17 MSK 2011

I think it is possible to use sockets available in Flex to connect to
the ESL socket.
There is the only thing to check - Flex socket security subsystem,
which looks for crossdomain permission string from socket it connects
if it fails to get permission from security server on port 843 or
something like that. Freeswitch won't provide crossdomain.xml from its
ESL socket, so connection will fail with security error if you don't
have inetd service, for example, responding with crossdomain.xml.

2011/2/7 Francois Barrouin <francoisbarrouin at hotmail.fr>:
> Thanks for your answer, I will go in that direction.
> I have already developed some code to have a Flex application communicating
> with a Ruby On Rails server. There is an ESL for ruby, so it may be the best
> way for me. I have just to find out how to manage FS real time events with
> RoR.
> Francois
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:13:14 -0600
> From: krice at freeswitch.org
> To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] FS ESL in Adobe Flex
>
> You should not have a webclient such as flex diectly access ELS...  Use a
> some sort of proxy such as Java or AMF-PHP based proxy to buffer between the
> 2... This will allow greater flexibility plus the use of Flex Object
> remoting. There are some examples of this in the swk contrib directory
> however they are a bit old
>

> On 2/7/11 8:50 AM, "Francois Barrouin" <francoisbarrouin at hotmail.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use Adobe Flex to access FS event socket.
> I read in the (excellent!) “FreeSWITCH 1.0.6”  book that FS ESL is based on
> swig and unfortunately Adobe Flex is not a language supported by this
> project.
>
> I wonder if anyone has already developed a Flex ESL for FS?
>
> Thanks
>
> François

Best regards,

Dmitry Sytchev,