[Freeswitch-users] Conference / Page usage

Jon Young jonyoung111 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 22:32:07 MSK 2011

I utilized the "Mad Boss" intercom section of the sample dialplan to
set up a paging scenario.  This worked great on some slower PC's (and
slightly older FS builds).  I wa utilizing apx 25 stations on a PIII
650Mhz PC.  It takes a few seconds for the call setup, but otherwise
works and sounds great.

I Recently I attempted to move my paging setup (XML files) from the
PIII to a 2xXeon 3.4GHz server running VM.  My results surprised me.
The sound quality is great, but the call setup changed significantly.
While the PIII took a while to setup, I was able to communicate soon
after the call setup.  On the VM machine, the call setup goes quickly
and then I hear 25 conf. entrance tones on all of the destinations as
the conf. is set up.

Can I eliminate the conference announce tones and have just one
announce tone...or none?

The following is one of the paging groups I defined:

  <extension name="paging01">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^1999$">
	<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_caller_id_name=Page1"/>
	<action application="set"
data="conference_auto_outcall_caller_id_number=1999"/>
	<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_timeout=60"/>
	<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_flags=mute"/>
	<action application="set"
data="conference_auto_outcall_prefix={sip_auto_answer=true,execute_on_answer='bind_meta_app
2 a s1 transfer::intercept:${uuid} inline'}"/>
	<action application="set" data="sip_exclude_contact=${network_addr}"/>
	<action application="conference_set_auto_outcall"
data="${group_call(pagezone01)}"/>
	<action application="conference" data="paging1 at default+flags{endconf|deaf}"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>