[Freeswitch-users] Confusing SIP auth failure logging message?

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Mon Feb 7 20:28:34 MSK 2011

steveayre at gmail.com (Steven Ayre) writes:

> You can do so in freeswitch but sometimes it's better to do it in the firewall.

Perhaps. If it's possible to do it in FreeSWITCH how can it be done? I can't find
the "how" in the wiki documentation which is why I was asking.

> For example it uses far fewer resources to block someone in the
> firewall. It's also easier to block scanners such as
> friendly-scanner in the firewall.

Are there examples of this on the wiki?  That is iptables rules intended for
a system such as FreeSWITCH which log problems. Some things may make
more sense in the firewall (or on the FreeSWITCH server itself) but
I'm still inclined to think that other stuff should be provided by
the application itself, even if not enabled by default if this uses
up "precious resources" on a busy system. On a SOHO type system I'd
personally configure things in one place as that is easier to maintain.

Simon