[Freeswitch-users] Auto test FS install - now necessary?

Phone phone.bytes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:31:51 MSK 2011

I hope that we don't ever return to the old days of spending a year or
more regression testing  PBX firmware between each release.  That was
okay, if you did not mind having a product that worked really well but
did not really do much and was always about a year behind the cutting edge.

I applaud all of the FS Devs, I believe that everyone is doing their
best to avoid introducing new issues as work is done to improve the code
base and add new features and functionality.

We are happy to participate in the testing and feedback process.
We hope to be able to make meaningful contributions down the road when
we are more familiar with things.

I have never seen a major issue that was not corrected with lightning speed.
It seems that even whenever someone reports an issue that is important
to them, they are likewise addressed very rapidly.

In my opinion, this is just the way that software development goes.  Do
your best to modify (improve the project) code without causing other
issues.  Unfortunately, sometimes this happens.  Especially when there
so many people working to make contributions to grow and improve the
product for all.  Frankly, I think the project is progressing very well.