[Freeswitch-users] iLBC to PCMU transcoding broken on windows?

Marcin Wojtowicz marcin321 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 23:47:35 MSK 2011

I built freeswitch from the latest git on my windows machine, and it looks
like transcoding from iLBC to PCMU is broken, and I hear only squeal on the
line. I have only PCMU on my external profile and iLBC on my internal
profiles, so no codec mismatch is possible, and all my codec settings are
compatible with the devices that I'm using. I inspected the traffic flow
with wireshark, and there is nothing incorrect there, SIP messages and SDP
is ok, and traffic looks like my device <-> iLBC <-> freeswitch <-> PCMU <->
voip.ms. I've searched around and it looks like my issue is identical to the
discussion here:
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2010-October/063891.html.
If I run PCMU on both ends, there are no problems and if I call into
freeswitch voicemail on iLBC, there are no problems either.