[Freeswitch-users] mod_com_g729 - moving licences to a new server

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 22:22:33 MSK 2011

curriegrad2004 ,

That'll only work if there are no internal cards either.

Massimiliano,

Licenses are linked to the server via the MAC addresses of all network cards
on the server. If you can move all of those (or at least set the same MAC
addresses) it'll let you use the license on the other server. Do not try
using the license on the old server at the same time.

If that's not possible or you'd rather have it linked to the new server try
emailing consulting at freeswitch.org, they'll be able to reissue the license
(but as part of the patent restrictions can only do this a limited number of
times). They'll probably also see this thread.

You'll want to stop the current server before installing the license on the
new server I believe.

mod_com_g729 can be upgraded, but not while you have G729 calls running.
You'll need to do install the newer module, then do "reload mod_com_g729" at
the FS cli. That'll unload the G729 codec module (which'll block until any
current G729 calls end) then load the new one. Be careful on a production
server - you should test doing so on a testbed first so you don't get any
unexpected problems during the upgrade, otherwise your server may be offline
for much longer than you'd expected.

-Steve